by Lorraine Behnan
What differentiates Lorraine Behnan from other presentation trainers and coaches?
- As a professional public speaker for over twenty years, Lorraine walks the talk. She has the inside experience of presenter challenges, triumphs, and audience expectations.
- Lorraine takes you beyond delivery dynamics and to the realm of Corporate Storytelling to make your ideas stick. Lorraine is acutely aware of the urgency to engage your clients and employees through effective communication.
- Proficient in creating compelling slide support, Lorraine has researched and successfully applied the captivating new shifts in the design and function of presentations. Slideware has evolved significantly to ensure audience engagement.
- By creating a supportive and stimulating environment Lorraine’s clients are able to stretch their abilities and exceed expectations.
- Lorraine approaches each client with a clean slate. She does not follow a cookie cutter process producing ‘assembly line’ speakers. Each person is unique with individual aspirations and needs.
Lorraine helps you answer the important and fundamental question:
– Why should this audience listen to me?
Communicate to Captivate
Who can benefit?
Sales and Marketing, Customer service, Public Relations, Managers
Program Length: Half Day (3 hours)
Full Day (6 hours)
The Program Approach: This interactive program is a combination of prepared remarks, demonstrations, and practical exercises. Each participant will be provided with the necessary materials and tools to prepare and deliver their own engaging and effective presentations.
Materials: Each participant will receive these products by Lorraine Behnan:
- An Audio CD of "How to Communicate to Any Audience"
- "Spotlight on Presentations Handbook"
- Customized manual of the training program.
When Invesco Trimark planned a national educational tour with their top executives and advisors, they needed someone to provide personal coaching to these individuals, some of whom had never spoken in public. Lorraine was their choice. The speakers she coached received audience evaluations scores in the 80s and 90s for delivery in their presentations.
Selection of Program Topics:
- Establish credibility and trust
- Develop your own brand and style
- Communicate with authenticity
- Sharpen focus through affirmation and visualization
- Understand typical audience profile and behaviours
- Organize content for maximum retention and engagement
- Convey your ideas and elevate audience engagement through storytelling
- Demonstrate a confident image
- Express emotion and passion through vocal power
- Create a compelling and relevant slideshow
- Effective and strategic use of audio/visual support
- Conduct an engaging 'Questions and Answers' session
- Implement proper practice habits to ensure a successful delivery
- Assess your presentation through Lorraine’s Self-Evaluation tool
The Full Day program includes additional elements such as:
- Incorporating effective storytelling
- Enhanced vocal dynamics and stage movement
- Individual presentations with immediate feedback
- An evaluation process for improvement
- A template for creating content.
For optimum result the optimum number of participants for the Full Day program is 12
Private Presentation and Speech Coaching
What is the difference between a speech and a presentation?
A speech is only words with no slide support. A presentation is interactive with the use of slides.
Today’s business world requires a hybrid scenario. We want to effectively communicate ideas while ensuring audience connection and retention in order to achieve our goals. Not everyone is an orator who can engage people for 30 minutes or more, so we tend to rely on slides for support and audience engagement. Used sparingly and selectively, slides can help underscore a message or illustrate an example. Most importantly, however, you need to deliver your ideas with dynamic speech and animated body language. Breathe life into the content.
Who can benefit?
Executives, Sales, Marketing, Fund Raisers, Public Servants, Service Industry, Emerging Public speakers
This training is designed for those who want to take their presentations and public speaking to a higher level in terms of audience engagement, compelling content, and the effective development and use of anecdotes and storytelling.
Lorraine’s private coaching clients include athletes, advocates, corporate leaders and executives, educators, fundraisers, government officials, musicians, and writers.
The Coaching Approach:
Each person has specific needs so the program will be adjusted upon communication with the client for a Needs Assessment.
At least two sessions are recommended. Additional coaching can be scheduled as needed.
Suggested length of Sessions:
Presentations 30 minutes or less – 90 minutes
Presentations 30 to 60 minutes – 2 to 3 hours
- Evaluation of content
- Evaluation of delivery style and skill
- Establish content structure and flow
- Enhance vocal expression and body language
- Assign exercises for the next session
- Assist with content development between sessions
- Delivery of presentation incorporating coaching notes from last session
- Feedback on the presentation
- Stop/Start process for improvement; incorporating coaching notes
- Second delivery of presentation (option to video speech for coaching purposes only)
- Additional instruction for continual improvement of content and dynamics
- Assist with content development from the session
- Lorraine Behnan’s Instructional Audio CD, “How to Communicate to Any Audience”
- Lorraine Behnan’s workbook, “Spotlight on Presentations”
Lorraine will travel to your location.
No Travel Costs: GTA (Greater Toronto Area); Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Peel, Niagara, Wellington regions.
For travel cost to all other locations please contact email@example.com
To learn more about the fee for Lorraine’s services firstname.lastname@example.org